[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xebian

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Wed Feb 1 19:45:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just installed the latest svn on the xbox xebian. I'm using DVB-t to
record on the BE, with the default ffmpeg player and without setting
+s on the mythfrontend I wasn't able to watch my recordings when using
the xbox frontend. After switching to libmpeg2 and after setting the
+s flag everything runs quite fine at 35%.

I still have some questions:

Could you please tell me how to use the xbox xpad to control the
frontend? I tried to recompile the joy2key from unstable on xebian
sarge but it always crashes with a segmentation fault. I used the
.joy2keyrc I found here:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-October/016905.html

What's the best resolution on PAL. I'm using 640x480 at the moment.
Does it make sense to switch to the actual PAL resolution in X?

Is there a preferred theme for slow pcs like the xbox?

How can I use the blink application on xebain which is described on

Thank you in advance,
Adam