[mythtv-users] Ivtv 0.4.2 and bttv conflict on FC3

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 18:42:03 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 12:18, Brian Fischer wrote:
> > What does "rpm -q bttv-kmdl-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3" tell you?
>
> [mythtv at mythtv ~]$ rpm -q bttv-kmdl-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
> bttv-kmdl-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3-0.9.15_20050708_202133-58.rhfc3.at
>
> > Also, have you tried cold booting?  I don't know what you're
> > updating
>
> from, but it's sometimes
>
> > necessary with an ivtv upgrade to power off for a few minutes to
> > let the
>
> registers on the card clear.
>
> > Though, I wouldn't think that would be the cause of the bttv
> > conflicts.
>
> I was just reading the ivtv list and the ivtv wiki, and thought that
> I would try a cold boot when I get home from work.  One more quick
> question.  What should I log to tell if there is a difference on warm
> cold boot:
>
> /sbin/lspci -v
> dmesg | grep "bttv|ivtv"
>
> Anything else?  Thanks for the help.  It is amazing to see what a
> collective community can create.

I'd cut the relevant sections out of your system log manually.  You'll
probably want everything between the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV
lines, as well as everthing from where bttv starts initializing until
it's done.  The reason you can't just grep on those two modules is that
you might miss important information from related modules, like
tv-eeprom, tuner or msp34xx.

-JAC