[mythtv-users] Resize screen on TV with FX5200

Urban Nightmare urban at inetdesign.org
Wed Feb 1 14:19:55 UTC 2006

Chad wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> On Jan 31, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Urban Nightmare wrote:
>>
>>> Not willing to go that far.  Besides that would screw up when
>>> connected
>>> using the VCR/DVD.
>>>
>> No gut huh? But you're right, your sources have to match.
>
> How about running myth "through" your VCR?  Assuming your VCR has
> composite in, you could run the cable from your PC to the VCR, then
> use the VCR input on the TV and use the input selection on your VCR to
> control if the tape is outputting or if it's myth.

Sorry should have mentioned this.  I do run it through the vcr as the tv
is over 25 years old and doesn't have composite/s-video (were they even
thought of back then).  My configuration is mythtv to vcr using
composite.  Shaw cable into vcr on coax.  VCR to tv using coax as this
is the only method.  I noticed post by Nick about using xvidtune.  I'll
have to give that a try tonight when I get home.

Thanks for all the tips.

Stephen