[mythtv-users] PVR 350 Help needed

Andrew Reifers rewrew7 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:15:34 UTC 2006

    Hello   All,
   I’m new to mythtv but I have but I   am reaching the end of my linux newbie phase.  I am running fedora 4 on a dell   dimension box.  I purchased the PVR 350 and everything went really smoothly with   my install thanks to Jarod Wilson’s website for fedora.  If you need to know   anything about my config it is essentially exactly the same as Jarod’s suggested   settings.   I don’t think it is a modprobe.conf issue as I am able to record tv   into an mpg straight off of /dev/video0 and I can watch livetv with myth.  It   seems like I am missing something in the post configuration.  I don’t know how   to be sure though.  Like I saidI am able to watch Live TV without any issues,   through the Tuner0 input however when I try to record a show my LiveTv attempts   to force me to watch the recording (I assume that is normal when using only the   PVR 350), the only problem is that no video or audio get placed into the nuv   recording file and my TV get set to Composite0.  I found
 a site that said I   could simply change the nuv ending to mpg and it should work with the PVR 350.    That didn’t appear to help anything.  I know that this is probably a dumb   question but what do I need to do in order to watch my recordings.  Really I   would just like to know what steps I can take to figure out if it is an ivtv   driver issue or if one of my mythtv post installation configuration settings is   wrong.  If anyone could help it would be great, this is making my fiancée hate   mythtv and I really don’t want that.
  Best, Andrew