[mythtv-users] faac

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Wed Feb 1 12:31:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I started a thread earlier (and forgot the title) about using myth in a
media library. I was possibly a little premature, as I subsequently
learned that the database integration problems would be formidable
(database must be "marc" standard compatible). Although myth meets many
of the other criteria the database project would be enormous, so please
disregard the thread.

Next question:

 I'm wanting to install an mpeg4ip demo server in the same box I use for
Myth. I have faac installed, but can't see from my log if this is a
requirement for Mythtv. Anyway, mpeg4ip requires that this be recompiled
without libmp4v2 support. Would I break anything in Mythtv by
reinstalling a recompiled faac?

Cheers

Marius