[mythtv-users] Ivtv 0.4.2 and bttv conflict on FC3

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:25:50 UTC 2006

I just tried your modprobe and still the same results.  If I rmmod both
tuners and try to insert the bttv module first I get:

[root at mythtv mythtv]# /sbin/modprobe bttv
FATAL: Error inserting bttv
(/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1381_FC3/updates/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
[root at mythtv mythtv]# dmesg | grep bttv
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bt878: Unknown symbol bttv_read_gpio
bt878: Unknown symbol bttv_write_gpio
bt878: Unknown symbol bttv_gpio_enable
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

I think that this is probably causing some confusion with the ivtv driver.
Any other hints?

Thanks,
Brian