[mythtv-users] MytthTV system: ATX vs mATX motherboard?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Sun Dec 31 18:53:57 UTC 2006

> In short: get an ATX board with 5 PCI slots, and put it in a case
> where you can fit three or four drives (or more) with adequate

Interesting. I am looking to buy a new CPU/MoBo and it seems that with
recent chipsets, 3 PCI slots seems to be as far as I can get (I am
looking for Athlon X2, and it is now already difficult to get it for
939, so it has to be AM2). Then there is an Asus Board with Via Chipset
(M2V with VIA K8T890), but there it seems to be difficult to get network
to work in Linux, so again one slot goes for a network card. And there
are boards with AGP slot and AM2 and 5 PCI slots, but AGP to me does not
look like a good choice anymore at this point. Same with 775, the only
board with 5 PCI slots I see has AGP.

So, what do you recommend, is there a recent board with 5 PCI slots,
and PCI-E for any of the two AM2 or 775? Or shall I stick with AGP for now?

Cheers,

    Matthias