[mythtv-users] Repeats?

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Sun Dec 31 05:10:42 UTC 2006

Rich West wrote:
> With the continual selling of the mythtv interface to my wife, she asked
> one this evening that I didn't know the answer for..
>
> When instructing her on how to program mythtv to record the shows we
> like (the equivalent of Tivo's Season Pass), she asked "How do I tell it
> to record 'First Run' or 'Repeats and First Run'?"  I paused for a
> moment, went through the options, and, well, I didn't have an answer. :(
>
> So.. I thought I would ask here.  I figure it is something that I am
> probably not seeing, so I apologize if the answer is obvious..

When I select a show to record, I typically select "Record at any time
on any channel" if you leave it at that, all occurances will be recorded
once,  If you want to limit your recordings to "First Run", as you put
it, under "Scheduling Options", the 5th row down  change it to say
"Record new episodes only". I believe this will only record within 14
days of the original air date.