[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause on Frontend playing back HD

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Sun Dec 31 03:37:06 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Chris Dos wrote:
>
>> Obviously I can't see straight.  The CPU is using a LOT more
>> processor then it
>> should.  I've been used to seeing only around 40% on the backend in
>> the family
>> room.  Maybe the extra 200 mhz on the backed was enough for it to
>> play back HD
>> that I didn't notice that there was a problem.  So I think
>> something has changed
>> in SVN that is requiring a lot more cpu usage that what it was
>> using.  I'll
>> upgrade to current SVN and see what happens.
>
> There was some discussion of that chipset on this list recently.
>
> Search:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>
> for "6150"

Looking over the threads, it seems the 6150 works okay.  This was an issue
between the sound and the NIC prior to 2.6.19.  I'm not using XvMC, so thats not
an issue.  But I'm going to try out XvMC to see if I can at least get it to
playback.  But I've never had much luck with XvMC working for HD post 18.1.

	Chris