[mythtv-users] fiberoptic IPTV recording on mythtv

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 03:16:05 UTC 2006

I recently got fiberoptic cable to my home with telephone, internet and TV
though IPTV multicasting.  It is not Verizon it is a local city sponsored
company.  I want to use the "CRC IP Network Recorder" to tune in the IPTV
signals directly off the network instead of having to use an IR blaster to
control the cable box etc.

I found some info that allowed me to set up the CRC IP Recorder tuner(s) for
the correct ip multicast address/port.  And now if I tune my cable box to a
channel I can then watch that channel on mythtv.  My cable box and my mythtv
box are not wired together.  I am definitely decoding the signal off the
network.  This is good, but I can't change channels and the data for the
program guide is not there.

The CRC IP recorder option in mythtv is setup so I have to define one tuner
for each channel.  When I hit watch TV in mythtv it automatically switches
to the tuner with the highest priority.  If my cable box is not set to that
channel then mythtv cant get the multicast stream and it fails so I can only
get one channel.

I don't understand how to set up the channel sources correctly.  Each tuner
only has one channel but the line up has all the channels listed.

Has anybody gotten the CRC IP Recorder to work with IPTV service?  I think I
am getting really close but I must be missing something to bring it all
together.