[mythtv-users] mythtv uPnp server with netgear mp115 client

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Dec 30 15:39:16 UTC 2006

Michael Rice wrote:
> Does anyone have this working?  I've had the mp115 on the shelf for months
> but now that I am running a standalone backend with 0.20 I might be able to
> use it instead of a full frontend on one of the bedroom TVs.
>
> Plugged it in and connected to the wireless network.  It found the MythTV
> server just fine, and I can browse the recordings and music.  But, when I
> try to play anything the mp115 just briefly blinks and goes back to the
> menu.  No indication of what the error is.
>
> Using "-v upnp" to mythbackend doesn't give me any idea what's up either.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  If not I'll dive into it more and see if I can find
> out what is going on.

Hi Michael...

I only recently discovered mythtv had a upnp server (by accident as I
was looking for the twonk<...sp?> server).  I tried my netgear MP101 and
found entries for recordings (probably the videos) and music (which was
empty).  There should have been at least 1 song under music so I am not
having much luck w/netgear clients either.