[mythtv-users] TV signal out?

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sat Dec 30 12:29:59 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 13:05, John Kichury wrote:
> On a Dell Latitude D600 I can get the gui display on the VGA output
> but playing video (myth live tv or any movie with mplayer) just displays
> black in the window.
> Works fine on the LCD display though.
This can be caused because the tv-out display is a second display and it's not
suporting xvideo.  Try to boot with the tv-out so it is the primary display
(or an exact mirror of the primary display).  I think this works for me when
I had the same problem when I tried this with my old compaq laptop.  Only
when the tv-out is connect when the laptop boots (not a reboot, but a cold
boot) AND the tv input is set to svideo on the tv (and if I had luck), I was
able to use the tv-out for video.

Stef