[mythtv-users] Migrating existing recordings to new Storage Groups

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 02:38:28 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 December 2006 02:05, Matt wrote:
> > >
> > > The database update code takes care of this. It creates the default
> > > storage group and adds the old recording directory to the created
> > > storage group. No manual action necessary.
> >
> >   That really did actually answer my question, but I'm kinda going a
> > step farther.  My current recording directory is spread across two
> > drives on an LVM.  I want to destroy the LVM and create a single
> > partion on each drive.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
>
> With enough free space. Move all your data to a different location,
> remove the LVM, create ordinary partitions, format and mount them and
> move the data back.
>
> Janne

Thanks Janne... that's what I'm doing now.  I plugged in an external
HD, got it running and making the copy now.  It's gonna take a while
to transfer ~300 GB via the USB2.0 interface.

One last question.  If I name the new partition the same, it won't be
a problem.  However, what if I want to rename the partition?  Is there
a particular place(s) I can change that easily in the database?  If
not, I can stick with the old name (/mythtv/video).  However, I was
thinking something like creating /mythtv/recordings/ then mounting
each storage group (drive, in my case) to /mythtv/recordings/group1,
/mythtv/recordings/group2, etc.

Thanks!
Matt