[mythtv-users] Installing XMLTV on mythtv box

Rajiv Ranjan rranjan7 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 19:54:58 UTC 2006

First of all, I do not mind people being ass. You are who you are, I got no
problem with it whatsoever.

That being said, I am using FC5 and I use Hughes satellite as my ISP. I did
google and it did bring back zillions of records, but I wanted to make sure
what would be the best way and if anyone wanted to share their experience. I
can do apt-get insatll xmltv, or even yum install xmltv but will I run into
any dependency issues?

I can browse internet fine from my home. I can even log to the data direct
site which mythfilldatabase hits. But for some strange reason, when I run
mythfilldatabase, I get an error stating bad file header. As, I said before,
mythfilldatabase works fine if I run it from my friend's house on the same
machine, which make be believe it is an ISP issue not wget issue.

thanks !