[mythtv-users] Building SVN on FC6: invalid conversion

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Dec 29 17:55:00 UTC 2006

Sorry about the double post; the last one was badly garbled.

This is my week for problems. I got my FC5 backend upgraded to the
latest SVN this morning, but I now have to build all my frontends from
source to avoid protocol mismatch problems. Unfortunately I cannot get
it to build on FC6. On FC5, it builds fine, but on FC6, I get:

mythpainter_ogl.cpp: In member function ‘void
MythOpenGLPainter::BindTextureFromCache(MythImage*, bool)’:
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:176: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:176: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glBindTexture(GLenum, GLuint)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:211: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:211: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glBindTexture(GLenum, GLuint)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:212: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:212: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glTexParameteri(GLenum, GLenum, GLint)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:216: error: ‘GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP_HINT_SGIS’ was not
declared in this scope
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:217: error: ‘GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP_SGIS’ was not
declared in this scope
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:218: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:218: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glTexParameterf(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:221: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:221: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glTexParameterf(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:224: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:224: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glTexImage2D(GLenum, GLint, GLint, GLsizei, GLsizei, GLint, GLenum,
GLenum, const GLvoid*)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
MythOpenGLPainter::DrawImage(const QRect&, MythImage*, const QRect&,
int)’:
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:252: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:252: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glEnable(GLenum)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:280: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:280: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glDisable(GLenum)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp: In member function ‘void
MythOpenGLPainter::ReallyDrawText(QColor, const QRect&, int)’:
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:377: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:377: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glEnable(GLenum)’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:402: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:402: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glDisable(GLenum)’
make[2]: *** [mythpainter_ogl.o] Error 1

Is there some configure setting I need to have for this to work? Is this
a known problem? Is anyone running trunk on FC6?

--Greg