[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun QAM Channel Setup: UNKNOWN119#1???? Help Please.

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 09:31:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my QAM channels on my HDHomeRun.  The major HD
networks are no problem because they have correct names but there are
a BUNCH of channels of type UNKNOWN[chan-number]#[mulitplex-number].
Example UNKNOWN119#1.  Most of these channels are public access,
cspan, or home shopping but a handful are things like DiscoveryHD,
and some 480i repeats of basic cable analog channels.

So,  how do I set these up?  I suspect the key to my issue is the
XMLTV ID.  All channels of this type seem to have the same XMLTV ID.
Mythtv thinks all of these channels are the Jewelery Shopping
channel.  Do I need to fix the XMLTV ID and if so how?

FYI. I broke from the HDHomeRun setup QAM instruction set and used
Zap2it Digital Cable as a source because OTA, I don't think, would
have a prayer of finding guide data for channels like DiscoveryHD.

Thanks,
Jon