[mythtv-users] DVB problems after system update

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Thu Dec 28 23:12:10 UTC 2006

I think you may be right.

I have discovered that disabling additional audio buffering delays the
on set of the problem and  on recordings that have a AC3/DTS audio (I
use pass through) are more affected than recordings that just use PCM.

Now that I think of it I remember in the past a similar problem coming
along except it was the video that was affected.

You would watch certain recordings and they would play ok for 10 minutes
or so and then they would start skipping.  Now the video is OK it is the
Audio that is affected.

I don't actually record HD video, so I have dropped the ring buffer size
back to minimum to test if it is a paging issue as my box only has 512Mb
of memory.