[mythtv-users] protocol version mismatch: latest SVN

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Thu Dec 28 21:44:46 UTC 2006

Greg Woods wrote:
> I really have to find out what is actually happening here and come up
> with a real fix, because I cannot now upgrade beyond revision 11681
> without encountering this problem.
>
> Specifically, mythweb no longer works; I get an error page about
> protocol version mismatches (and yes, I did recopy the mythweb files to
> my /var/www/html/mythweb directory and restart httpd):

> Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 167:
> Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=31, backend=32)
>
> Fatal Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 37:
> Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?
>
> Also, all the other front ends in the house (that are installed from
> ATrpms) are now broken as well with protocol mismatch errors. This I
> could fix by compiling those from source as well, but I still need to
> find out what is really going on here. Is this a known problem or is
> there something wrong with my installation?
>
> I also have other reasons for needing to update, because I am having
> trouble tuning channels on my HDHomerun. The signal strength is high,
> but I can't actually tune channels that I know are there (because I was
> able to tune them before I removed all the channel data and rescanned)
> and I want to make sure I am running the latest fixes before I ask about
> THIS problem.
>
> --Greg

You mention latest fixes. If you are trying to run the latest 0.20 fixes
branch, then you have grabbed the wrong branch from SVN (likely trunk).
If you want to run trunk, then you might try updating your front ends
with the bleeding mythtv-trunk packages from ATrpms. However, before
doing any of this, I suggest that you back up your database.