[mythtv-users] protocol version mismatch: latest SVN

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Dec 28 21:24:48 UTC 2006

I really have to find out what is actually happening here and come up
with a real fix, because I cannot now upgrade beyond revision 11681
without encountering this problem.

Specifically, mythweb no longer works; I get an error page about
protocol version mismatches (and yes, I did recopy the mythweb files to
my /var/www/html/mythweb directory and restart httpd):

Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 167:
Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=31, backend=32)

Fatal Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 37:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

Also, all the other front ends in the house (that are installed from
ATrpms) are now broken as well with protocol mismatch errors. This I
could fix by compiling those from source as well, but I still need to
find out what is really going on here. Is this a known problem or is
there something wrong with my installation?

I also have other reasons for needing to update, because I am having
trouble tuning channels on my HDHomerun. The signal strength is high,
but I can't actually tune channels that I know are there (because I was
able to tune them before I removed all the channel data and rescanned)
and I want to make sure I am running the latest fixes before I ask about
THIS problem.