[mythtv-users] Myth TV BE on VM Ware?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 28 18:03:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:25:01AM -0500, Graham Milne wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've been watching the posts on this discussion lists for a while.  It is
> good to see such a layer of support from the community.  Here's my dilemma.
> I have a nice shiny new computer which I would love to make into a MythTV
> BE:
>
> Intel Core 2 Duo, 6400
> 2G 6400 DDR2 Corsair
> 3X 250 GB SATA-2 set up in RAID 0
> ICH8R
> 2X PVR-150

	Way overkill.

	Most of that box would be under/un-utilized in a Myth system.

	Just get some bargain basement white box PC from a place like
frys and put the PVR cards into it. You could even keep your main
storage in the Windows box.

> My dilemma is that I can't dedicate this machine to Linux.  As much as I'd

	Then don't. Buy something dirt cheap (~ $200 ) to serve as your
Myth backend. Either machine could hold your storage.

	250GB is not very much though. You may find that you want a whole
lot more space than that.

[deletia]