[mythtv-users] How to detect whether backend is recording or scheduled?

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 13:04:48 UTC 2006

I would like to run a command that sets the wakeup time for the next
scheduled recording and shuts down if a recording is not currently
taking place.

I can't currently work out how to do this.
1. Test whether the local backend is recording.
2. Set scheduled wakeup time (This is only set in the backend scheduler
when it is about to shutdown).

Any ideas?  I've thought about adding code to mythshutdown or adding
code to the scheduler to set the new wakeup time on every schedule
change but not really sure what is the best route.

Thankyou,
Matthew