[mythtv-users] Cannot see menus with 0.20. Any ideas?

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Wed Dec 27 14:23:12 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com> wrote:
> jonny Linux wrote:
> > Sorry to  post to an old thread - but I've just started having this
> > problem again. I can't see any of the menu text, only the pictures next
> > to the icons change. I can see the text in the watch recordings screen,
> > andin the program guide - its just the headings. It happens with most
> > themes, but MythCenter and Blue seem to be working. Its only started
> > happening again today.
> >
> > I'm using MythTV 0.20, and I've tried using both the OpenGL and the QT
> > Painter.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Yes, I have seen this but no solution (it does not happen on my
> production box).
>
> Bolek

See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F

Make sure the output of xdpyinfo yields, preferably, 100x100 dots per
inch.  If not, follow the directions for your screen size/aspect ratio
and restart X Windows.  You'll, of course, want to make sure you also
have 100dpi fonts installed...

-Khanh