[mythtv-users] program guide problems

Richard Keech rkeech at redhat.com
Wed Dec 27 07:17:46 UTC 2006

hi,

I'm having a problem with the program guide not showing up with MythTV.

I find that if I look at the program guide (Manage recordings ->
Schedule -> P rogram Guide) then the
contents of the guide show as unknown for all times on all channels.
Despite this, if I look at the program finder (Manage recordings ->
Schedule -> Program Finder) I can
see all the expected programs, so the programs are in there.

Aside from the EPG problem, my MythTV is apparently working fine.

I'm getting guide data from tvguide.org.au aka oztivo, and I'm using the
grabber scripts from
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xmltv/tv_grab_au_reg.html.  I can
confirm that access to the EPG data is OK by doing:

    tv_grab_au --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/antenna.xml

If I run (as user mythtv) mythfilldatabase, then it runs as expected.

So aside from the obvious "why doesn't it work", this raises a number of
questions:

1.   Can I run mythbackend to dump the program guide data?

2.   Can I query the database directly to see the EPG data?

FYI, I'm running mythtv-0.20-148.fc6.at on FC6 (fully updated).

--

Red Hat Home
www.redhat.com.au <http://www.redhat.com/>

gpg key id: /F9AFA1DD/