[mythtv-users] What's better? 2.4 GHz P4 mobo or Dual 1.1 GHz PIII mobo?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 26 23:23:45 UTC 2006

On 26 Dec 2006, at 18:52, Brian Wood wrote:
> I think the socket 478 boards will be available for quite a while, at
> least on the used/surplus market.

Unless I'm mistaking 478 for some other P4 socket designation then I
had a great deal of difficulty finding them new 6 months ago. My
local supplier - who does carry a number of major brands and who
surely deals direct with the UK importers - was unable to order any
as of that time and declared them "EOL - that's end-of-life, mate".

If anyone in the UK (or maybe Europe) needs a full-sized ATX 478
motherboard I think I have one lying around here somewhere - I
sourced it secondhand before realising that my customer's case was
the smaller square sub-ATX form-factor, and eventually giving up. I
seem to be seeing a lot of dead motherboards of this type in PCs in
which the PSU has failed, so CPUs may be relatively easy to come by.

Stroller.