[mythtv-users] WinTV-Go no longer giving TV Line-out sound

terevos terevos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 14:19:35 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I have given up trying to find a solution online. Most people with the
WinTV-Go have issues with sound, but it's not the same situation as
me.

This is what is happening:
The WinTV-Go card is no longer giving TV Line-out sound. I plugged a
set of headphones into the card while it was tuned to a TV channel and
no sound came out.

Background:
I had setup Fedora Core 4 with MythTV and the WinTV-Go card. It was
working for well over a year, and then I just got a Hauppauge PVR-150
for Christmas. So I installed it (and had various issues to deal with)
and eventually got it working. But now I have the problem with the old
WinTV-Go card.

Things I've tried:
-I've tried adjusting all of the sound channels in alsamixer (before I
learned that no sound was coming out of the WinTV card at all. But I
didn't think ALSA dealt with that card for the audio out - only when
dealing with the input to line-in or mic.

Any ideas of what to do?  I'm not really sure what information might
be relevant - so if I need to provide some more info, just let me
know.

Thanks,
-terevos