[mythtv-users] setup: 3questions.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Dec 26 00:39:52 UTC 2006

I am at the point of running mythtv-setup, and I have three question.
[[ this is an initial install Fedora6, Mythtv 0.20 current as of Christmas
Day_]]

(1) I have three capture cards, 1 old pcHDTV card and two newer pcHDTV cards.
     When I did this (setup) a year ago, these showed as different cards, but
now the
     show all the same.  Since I ASSUME that lspci is just reading info out of
     the card I find this hard to understand.  (OK so this isnt a question,
but any
     comments on it would be appreciated).

(2)  When I go to mythtv.setup->capture card Setup->Video device I dont know
     what to put there.  Devices have been created, and I see
/dev/dvb/adapter0/1/2
     for the three cards, and below each of these demux0, dvr0, frontend0,
net0.
     I have tried each of these (for adapter1) including the directory
/dev/dvb/adapter1
     itself, and none seem to work (see the next question).

(3) If I go on to the Input Connections page, the page comes up blank.  I
assume this
     is related to my answers for (2).

So, can someone tell me what I should be doing here, and Ill give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com