[mythtv-users] mythbackend doesn't start

Zlatko Zlatko zlatko0612 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:43:56 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I am a newbie to mythtv. I have installed mythtv on the PC with SuSE 10.2
and fvwm.
Compiling OK, database install OK (all channels are in the database after
mythtv-setup).

But when I start
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start

I get the error message:

/etc/init.d/mythbackend: line 41: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or
directory
Starting mythbackend: /etc/init.d/mythbackend: line 61: daemon: command not
found

I didn't find any usefull answers in google. I have successfuly used mythtv
for a short time few monts ago with SuSE 10.1. That is the reason I use SuSE
now. All other tries (FC6, Centos 4.4, kubuntu 6.10) were without success.

Can anyone help me to start the mythtv ?

Thank you very much

Zlatko