[mythtv-users] Help! I need a recording today!

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 25 16:03:00 UTC 2006

On 25 Dec 2006, at 14:17, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Giacomo Shimmings wrote:
>
>> Happy Christmas!
>>
>> This might sound a little odd, but I'm desperate for some help!  I've
>> gone and stuffed my mythbox by yanking the power cable and am quite
>> desperate to get a recording today of the Alternative Christmas
>> message on Channel Four.  A friend of mine edited it and asked me to
>> record it for his showreel whilst he is skiing in Canada.
>
> Some questions: Channel four = BBC four and is available on SAT?

No, "channel 4" is "channel 4". I remember it first airing and it was
literally the 4th UK television channel; after BBC1, BBC2 and ITV (by
your region) on the dial.
http://www.channel4.com/

It is available on satellite & FTV, but appears to be encrypted:
   http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html
   (section: 12168 V, tp 24, SR 27500, FEC 2/3
    whatever all that means - it's about 5/6 of the way down)

> If so, at what time? I am not yet running head on my test system,
> so EIT
> not yet working on BBC,

The "Alternative Queen's Speech" (first given by, Quentin Crisp, an
apparently-famous homosexual) is traditionally shown at the same time
as the Queen's Speech <http://tinyurl.com/ydr4h6>. We therefore
appear to have missed it <http://tinyurl.com/ybyvh7> (my laptop is
very slow today, otherwise I might have posted in time); there's
usually a repeat late at night, but I am unable to immediately find
it listed.

Stroller.