[mythtv-users] dual tuner card

S2 s2.akira at tin.it
Sun Dec 24 18:17:40 UTC 2006

Darren wrote:
> Something could be hogging the tuner card. Make sure kaffiene is not running
> same goes for xine and any media app that could be using the card.
>>From my experience I have found that if the card works with kaffiene then it
> will work for mythtv, I think it has something to do with video 4 linux
> (v4l).

The problem is that Mythtv opens both tuners at the same time, but it
should not. It treats the card as there where 2 cards, and not just one.
As sad above, there is one DVB-T tuner, and one DVB-S tuner, but as per
l4v drivers, only one can be used at time. So Myth should use only one
at time, but opens both. Can I tell myth to use only one tuner at time?