[mythtv-users] Ubuntu

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Dec 24 17:17:59 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 07:45:26AM -0600, Bob Wiegand wrote:
> stan wrote:
> > Goodbye about ayears
> > worth of save shows :-(
>
> Don't give up too quickly on your recorded shows.
>
> Before you wipe these check if you can play them with something
> like xine or mplayer.

I can _sort of_ play them with Myth. On the backend, if I'm patient
enough it can be done. However, because Myth thinks that (for isntance) a 1
hour show is 29 hours long, lot's of stuff (bookmarks, moving around)
either des not work, or is so slow as to be unusbale.

> You could also try and export the recorded shows part of the backend
> database and then import after install. Look in the Myth docs for
> information about moving to a new machine.

I suspect that teh databse is teh root of all eviel here. My beleif is that
it was upgraded to a shema that is too new to be supported byt ewh version
the R5D1 installs.

This is not the first time this has happened, Trying t connect anewer
frontend to a older backend REALLY SHOULD NOT TRASH THE SYSTEM!

(Dennis Ritchie)