[mythtv-users] Automatically downloading album cover art

Jon Boehm jbpub at comcast.net
Sun Dec 24 07:00:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had the same problem until I changed this line to this

find ${1:-.} . -type f -name \*.mp3 -exec dirname {} \; |

I don't have non mp3s so I was ok.

I did notice that when I couldn't find a file for the ID3 tag it
created a zero length file called folder_large.jpg.  So I added this

     if [ -f "$d"/folder_large.jpg ]; then
        if [ -s "$d"/folder_large.jpg ]; then
             echo "$d -- already has album art"
             continue
        fi
     fi
Not the second nesting. I don't think it helped.  The zero length
files are still zero length so I think there was no amazon match.

Hope this helps,
Jon

 > On 10/12/06, Tim Nichols <tnichols[at]is-design.com> wrote:

 >> I've written the attached script to automatically download album
cover
 >> art. This is similar to Brad DerManouelian's albumart.pl, but it
uses
 >> id3info and ogginfo to extract artist and album name so that
there is no
 >> dependency on file structure. You need to have Paul Stuttard's
 >> amazon.pl, vorbis-tools (ogginfo), and id3lib (id3info) installed
for it
 >> to function correctly.
 >>
 >> It currently only works for mp3 and ogg files as that is all that
I have