[mythtv-users] Mytharchive problem recording movie to DVD
drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 06:52:28 UTC 2006
> > Unfortunately many of the tools used by MythArchive don't like corrupt
> > files. To be honest mythtranscode and mythreplex seem to cause more
> > problems than they fix :-( I'm going to add support for using projectX
> > as an option to replace them. I've heard that projectX seems to handle
> > corrupt streams better and does a better job at keeping everything
> > in sync.
> > Paul, If needed I can help with that possibly (even provide a
> > solution) in 2 to 3 weeks as at work I am
> > in the middle of moving to a new location and things are very hectic.
> > I actually have work to do and at
> > the same time I have a lot of extra responsibilities to get ready for
> > the move on 12/12/2006.
> > John
> OK I'll hang on until you have something for me. I've got plenty of
> other stuff to keep me occupied :-)
I started on this today using the latest svn. I started by activating
the MythArchiveProjectXCmd setting in mythburn.py and
archivesettings.cpp. After that I ran few tests using shows that I
have previously cut using projectx. On the first test with
AlwaysUseMythTranscode off mythreplex --fix_sync had created av sync
problems on a show that did not have problems using my old
modification to mythburn.py that replaces mythreplex with projectx.
On the second test with the same show with AlwaysUseMythTranscode off
and the --fix_sync removed from mythreplex the av sync was good
throughout the whole 1 hour show (soap opera) that had at least 10
commercial breaks and ~36 minutes after cutting.
More information about the mythtv-users