[mythtv-users] Computer case recoomendations

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 05:22:00 UTC 2006

On 12/22/06, Robert Seaton <bobs at itproscorp.com> wrote:
> I'm building a dedicated mythbox. I'm looking for recommendations for a
> computer case.
>
> 1. Case must be high quality
> 2. Must be desktop form factor
> 3. Must be small enough to fit on top of my TV
> 4. Must look good sitting on top of my TV
> 5. Must fit an ATX board
>
> Any recommendations, or links would be appreciated.

You must have a *really* big TV.  Otherwise 3 & 5 conflict with each
other.  At best, I could see you getting a mATX board, and I am not
even sure that would be small enough.

You are going to have to provide your maximum diminsions, before I
could recommend a case.

Personally, I am looking at:

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15738

But it only hold a mATX motherboard.  Still, it is 17.5" x 16.3".

The Silverstone lc11 is one of the smallest mATX cases I know of:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc11.htm

and even it is 16.7" x 16.9".

John