[mythtv-users] How to get Mythweb working on Suse 10.2 ?

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:49:43 UTC 2006

Ick ick, every time I try to install mythweb I always have problems...

I currently get the following error when trying to view localhost/mythweb:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
Fri Dec 22 15:25:49 2006
Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE)

This time I tried to do stuff the same as I did in Suse 10.1. I think
everything that should be installed, is. Apache is running, mysql set up

<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All

was added to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, it's now identical to my 10.1 version.

I've added authentication info and uncommented

php_value zlib.output_compression       16384

in /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess which i remember solved something in
10.1. it's also identical to my copy in 10.1.

chgrp -R www /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data
chmod g+rw /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data

have been run, and the whole /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/ directory is owner
(view, modify) group (view, modify) others (view), same as 10.1.

The www group has been added to my user name under user management in yast.

i don't know how to check if mod_env and  mod_rewrite are enabled, but it
worked out the boxx in 10.1 and i'm not expecting anything different in

I've now run out of ideas, so if anyone has set it up on Suse 10.2 and knows
what to do, please please let me know :o)

The Crimea / The Crocketts

Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic
prizes!  http://www.msnmoviemogul.com