[mythtv-users] mythtv hard lockup

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Fri Dec 22 14:28:19 UTC 2006

I also have hard lockups and the cpu fan spinning up. No more reaction,
no ssh. It usually happens when switching from one menu to another (say,
from live tv to program guide or back), with the first few lines of the
new screen content drawn, the rest of the screen the old content. It was
much more frequent with an older version of the nvidia driver, it then
happened at about 50% of cases when entering or leaving the program
guide. I am using a PCI Nvidia 5200 on an intel i810/PIV-2Ghz
motherboard, no OpenGL, frontend only.

I am thinking that it is due to nvidia driver. It is too random for me
to try all nvidia options to see if it gets better by changing anything
there.