[mythtv-users] mythfrontend will not change channels

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Fri Dec 22 07:39:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, December 21, 2006 11:03 pm, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I setup mythtv but am having problems. I am running debian unstable
> and have had the same problem with mythtv 0.20 and 0.19. I have a
> PlayTV Pro 2 tv uner/capture card.
>
> The mythfrontend cannot change channels. It will only show the last
> channel that xawtv shows. xawtv works fine and I get all the channels
> I should be getting.
>
> I get this error when trying to change channels from /var/log/mythtv/
> mythbackend.log:
>
> 2006-12-22 12:01:09.380 Channel(/dev/video0)::TuneTo(): Error, failed
> to find channel.

It looks to me like MythTV doesn't know what frequency to tune to.  I'm
sure when I see messages like this in my log it says something like:

   Channel (/dev/video0)::TuneTo(12345600Hz):

Are you sure you've got the channels setup correctly?  Have a look in
Mythtv-setup in the channel editor screen.  Edit each channel and on the
second page is the setup for how to tune in to the channel.  (At least
thats where it is for analog.  I'm not sure about digital, but I guess it
will be in a similar location)

Robert.