[mythtv-users] Hyper remote and other questions

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Dec 21 16:30:45 UTC 2006

I got my IR receiver from http://www.irblaster.com, taught lircd all
about my remote (irrecord takes some getting used to), configured up my
lircrc, and have MythTV happily running with the new configuration.  I
used the lircrc sample from http://www.wilsonet.com and modified that to
match the new remote information.

However, some things are a little funky since I switched from the
PVR-150 remote (I split my FE/BE to two separate machines).  For one,
the remote seems extra hyper.  I mean, if I hit "go back", it seems to
act as if I hit the button 2 or sometimes 3 consecutive times in a row.
Same goes with the number keys (I have to be really careful, otherwise I
might tune in 224 instead of 245).  I see in the .lircrc file that there
is a "repeat" value.. what does that do?

Also, I somehow lost the ability to tune to a channel via the program
guide when watching livetv.  I swear I was able to do this prior to
moving over to the new equipment, but I don't know what I did to undo
this and I don't know what controls that.  Any pointers in the right
direction would be much appreciated!  :)

-Rich