[mythtv-users] Steaming HDTV Performance.

BRIAN LANG brianlang75 at msn.com
Thu Dec 21 02:50:12 UTC 2006

I'm considering building a MythTV system.  I'm a software engineer, so I don't think I'd have any technical problems that I couldn't figure out.  I'm weighing the pros and cons of HD Tivo, WIndows Vista Media Center, and MythTV.  If I do build a MythTV system I'd likely have a backend in the basement and two font ends.  Both TVs would be HD (at least eventually).  My concern is the bandwidth.  Am I really going to be able to stream HDTV shows at a reasonable rate?  What kind of performance can I expect? All 3 computers would be fairly decent machine and have gigabit ethernet.  Thanks!