[mythtv-users] Sony VAIO Media Changer...... GOOD News!!

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Dec 20 20:40:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 02:41:58PM -0400, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> >    I'm  really  interested  the  progress you've made on getting the Sony
> >    VAIO XL1B2 working with MythTV.  I have a couple of questions:
>

>  Man , if it wasn't too late for XMas I know what I would be asking Santa for.

How much is the thing though?

Aren't jukeboxes of that kind generally in the $800 range?

You can get a LOT of disk storage for that kind of money.
You can even get an entire consumer grade RAID NAS for
that kind of money.

Will this access be network transparent?

I like the idea. I would even have gone for a jukebox
over MythTV had such a beast been out and reasonably
priced before I lost patience with the consumer
electronics industry.