[mythtv-users] How to verify UPnP is running

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Dec 19 22:19:39 UTC 2006

> On 12/18/06, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> > Basically all I've done, start to finish:
> > 1. install ubuntu 6.10
> > 2. install dvb-utils
> > 3. do the scan, channels.conf, tzap tests
> > 4. install mythbackend/frontend/database and mysql (lated added
> > libupnp0, which was stated to not matter)
> > 5. get myth working (was easy as pie... .20 was simple to get going!)
> > 6. try to get upnp via what's been posted here
> >
> > Ideas?
>

> Anyone have any thoughts about my issue?  Is anyone else having
> problems with UPnP, or is it "just working" for everyone else?

I guess it's "just working" for me with my LinkPlayer2 althought I haven't
messed with it all that much...I like the mythfrontend interface better than
uPnP and both mythbox and LinkPlayer are attached to the same display. I do
currently have my Xbox360 unplugged from the network because it pegs
mythbackend via uPnP - it appears my option at this point is to upgrade to
newer SVN and use --noupnp, if the patch from last week doesn't work for
some reason. Or just leave the 360 unplugged for a while, I am not using all
that much - way too much TV to watch!