[mythtv-users] Two DVB tuners, one CAM? What hardware?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Tue Dec 19 09:13:57 UTC 2006

I would like to know if it it possible to use two DVB-C PCI tuners
sharing a single Irdeto CAM reader, without buying special hardware for
the puspose.

I heard about some Pheonix CAM module that could be shared. Also I heard
about some "cardsharing" software, that even allows a CAM to be shared
across LAN with some linux software. Does anyone know aobut hits, how
(if) it works, and where to find more information?

Also, what hardware would you propose? What is the best price/quality
tradeoff?
I have been looking at Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 Hybrid (off
dvbshop.net). What about a good Irdeto CAM module?

Thank you

/ Henrik

PS: Does this belong to some general linux tvcard mailing list instead?
If so, please direct me there.