[mythtv-users] LiveTV tries to connect to 127.0.0.1, but why?

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Tue Dec 19 07:52:24 UTC 2006

On 19/12/06, Alan Marchiori <alan at alanmarian.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Myth is *almost* working.  This is my first myth setup and I have 2 older
> PCs to try this out on so I decided to do a separate front/back end setup.
> I am using the Air2PC atsc card, which appears to be working correctly (get
> good signal strength in myth-setup, etc.).  My backend is 'mythserver' at
> 192.168.1.7 and the frontend is 'mythteater' at 192.168.1.8 both running
> Ubuntu 6.10 (and Myth 0.20 from the Ubuntu packages).  When I try switch to
> LiveTV on the frontend it is failing, the frontend's output is below.  It
> starts off connecting to the correct IP ( 192.168.1.7) but after doing
> GET_NEXT_FREE_RECORDER it tries to open a socket to 127.0.0.1 on the
> frontend for some reason.

Check the front page of mythtvsetup on the backend, you'll see 2 IP
address settings - one's for the IP of the master backend, the other
for the IP of the local backend. When I had the identical problem
migrating from a single FE/BE to a split system, I'd forgotten to
change one of these from 127.0.0.1 to the LAN IP.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org