[mythtv-users] Nvidia 9631 from ATRPMS not working

vamythguy vamythguy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:01:58 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, Mr. Myth <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:

> vamythguy wrote:
> > I had 9629 working.  Ran:
> >
> > smart install nvidia-graphics9631-kmdl-$KVER
> > smart install nvidia-graphics9631-libs nvidia-graphics9631
> >
> > to get the latest packages from ATRPMS.
> >
> > However, trying to start X gives me:
> >
> > # startx
> > xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.3438
> >

> Did you run nvidia-graphics-switch 9631?
>
> Michael

Ok, I ran that and now get this:

(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0): The IgnoreEDID and NoDDC options have been deprecated.  The
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     NVIDIA X driver makes use of a display device's EDID
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     during construction of its modePool.  It is recommended
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     that you allow the X driver to make use of any available
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     EDID.  If, however, you know what you are doing and have
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     good reason to do so, you can disable the X driver's use
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     of EDIDs by setting the "UseEDID" X configuration option
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     to FALSE; e.g.,
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDID" "FALSE"
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Note that, rather than globally disable all uses of the
EDID,
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     you can individually disable each particular use of the
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     EDID; e.g.,
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDIDFreqs" "FALSE"
(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDIDDpi" "FALSE"
(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0): See Appendix D: X Config Options in the README for details
on
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     each of these options.
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module.
If
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module! Please ensure
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     that there is a supported NVIDIA GPU in this system, and
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     that the NVIDIA device files have been created properly.
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     Please consult the NVIDIA README for details.
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(II) UnloadModule: "ramdac"
(II) UnloadModule: "fb"
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.