[mythtv-users] Nvidia 9631 from ATRPMS not working

jim scott jimdscott at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 21:53:50 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, Mr. Myth <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:

> vamythguy wrote:
> > I had 9629 working.  Ran:
> >
> > smart install nvidia-graphics9631-kmdl-$KVER
> > smart install nvidia-graphics9631-libs nvidia-graphics9631
> >
> > to get the latest packages from ATRPMS.
> >
> > However, trying to start X gives me:
> >
> > # startx
> > xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.3438
> >

> Did you run nvidia-graphics-switch 9631?

It looks like a library conflict to me. If nvidia-graphics-switch doesn't
work, look for conflicting libglxl.so libraries. I'm not sure what system
you're running. On Fedora, I'd do something like

rpm -ql nvidia-grpahics9631-libs | grep glx

To see where the libglx libraries were being installed.

You could also use something like

ldd \your\path\to\glxgears

to see which version of libglx you are using.