[mythtv-users] Mythstream + Shoutcast TV

TJ tj53 at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 20:50:55 UTC 2006

I installed MythStream yesterday just to play around with and see
what stuff I could receive and a lot of streams didn't work that were
in the default playlist so I exported the Shoutcast TV listings from
VLC and edited the xml to the Mythstream format and used that in
place of the default streams.res file. All I can say is wow. I had to
recompile mplayer to recognize the VP62 codec on Mplayer, but once I
did that I can now watch any of the hundreds of Streamcast TV
stations through Mythstream. Some stations are obviously better than
others, but a select few are amazing quality and look great on my
HDTV. Definitely adds a bit more variety to the media selection of
MythTV.

Here is a link to the ShoutcastTV.res file I made up: <http://
members.cox.net/tj53/ShoutcastTV.res>

If you want to use it just place it in a folder MythTV can access and
then add it as a file under Storage Options in MythStream settings.

Anyone else have some good .res files to share? I'd be interested in
keeping an online collection which consisted of a bunch of peoples so
that we could all have up to date links to internet radio/tv stations.

Enjoy!