[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause

Jesse Dhillon tobor at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 18 19:07:31 UTC 2006

> What resolution are you using from your xorg.conf file?
>
> Allan
I am running 720p as so:
        Mode "1280x720"
                DotClock        74.250000
                HTimings        1280 1320 1376 1650
                VTimings        720 722 728 750
                Flags   "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode

Actually, the pausing has been much less frequent as of late. I have
been having a much better experience after changing the deinterlace
settings from kernel to linear blend. I like the results too, linear
blending looks much better than kernel for me, more like what broadcast
TV looks like on an TV. Maybe this has something to do with the fact
that I am running an amd64 kernel with Ubuntu, and the latest debs from
the Ubuntu repository.

Jesse.