[mythtv-users] Offset all recordings by a few minutes

Richard Conway ric at weirdness.com
Mon Dec 18 14:53:40 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> David Leinbach wrote:
>
>> I knew about being able to do this for individual recordings but I was
>> concerned about the impact on recording shows one after another.  Do
>> you know if the global setting will cause any problems with the
>> scheduling of consequtive recordings?
>>
> Setting it on individual recordings is "hard" in that it will bump other
> recordings to get the offset.  The global offsets are "soft" in that
> they will be recorded only if there are no conflicts or other shows in
> the way.
One thing about the global offsets that annoys me is that if two
consecutive programs are from the same source but a different channel,
the scheduler ignores the offset - even if there is another source that
would have been able to pick up the second program thus allowing both
programs to have the offset.

This seems to be by design as it implies it in the description on the
settings page when you set it up.