[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause with HD

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:35:59 UTC 2006

On 12/15/06, john sturgeon <john.sturgeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> One quick follow up to my previous post:
>
> I went to an nforce4 SLI motherboard, and a PCI-e Video card from an AGP
> one.
>
> On 12/15/06, john sturgeon <john.sturgeon+mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We recently had a power outage and I lost the motherboard in my
> > frontend.  Since it was getting a bit old, I decided to get a new
> > frontend box.  I replaced my video card with a GeForce 7600GT.  The
> > problem is that I'm now getting (again) the dreaded 'NVP: Prebuffering
> > Pause' error playing back HD content.
> >
> > Here is my setup in a nutshell:
> >
> > CPU: AMD 4200+ Duo
> > Video Card: GeForce 7600GT
> > RAM: 3Gig
> > MythTV 0.20 (mythtv-frontend-0.20-148.fc5.at)
> >
> > My backend is on a separate machine and the video partition is NFS
> > mounted to my frontend so the file's are opened via NFS for playback.
> >
> > I *really* thought that when I went to the AMD 4200 that my playback
> > issues would be gone.  Certainly that is enough CPU horsepower, the
> > real problem now is how do I troubleshoot what's going on?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > John Sturgeon <><

I have no idea if this makes a difference but I tweaked my xorg.conf file
and used a 720p custom modeline instead of an odd one that looked better on
my screen. I don't have that problem now but I also upgraded SVN versions at
the same time so you never know. Just thought I would throw that out there I
read it somewhere else and it made sense.

Allan