[mythtv-users] mytharchive creates invalid disc

Eric Holt eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Mon Dec 18 06:02:39 UTC 2006

I personally have had very good luck with HP brand media, especially in
players that have been "finicky" with other media brands.

But, yes, DVD compatability can be a very tricky subject.  I have one
DVD player that will play HP brand 16x media -- but wont play HP brand
8x media that I burn.  HP brand 16x media that I burn at 8x wont play
either!  Weird, eh?  But thats just the nature of the beast I think.

HP brand media is typically relatively inexpensive.  I've also had very
good luck recently with TDK brand media.  It is usually less expensive
than even the HP brand media.  I bought my last 50 pack of 16x +R TDK
media for only $11.99 at Circuit City ... no rebates.

Good Luck!
   --Eric