[mythtv-users] Help with mythweb please

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Dec 17 23:00:51 UTC 2006

Mercury Morris wrote:
> Thank you for the pointer to the documentation.  To be truthful tho, what I'm
> going to try first is to resurrect the '.htaccess' file method to get
> Mythweb to work.
> I just cannot see the wisdom in making Mythweb so much more complicated
> by getting rid of the '.htaccess' file.  If '.haccess' no longer
> works, THEN I'll be
> really motivated to study the apache documentation.  But at that point, Mythweb
> will come very close to being way more trouble than it's worth to install it.

Getting rid of .htaccess wasn't a matter of making things more
complicated.  MOST users had to create a mythweb.conf file for apache
already, so I just combined the two into a single file.  You're more
than welcome to continue to use your old .htaccess file.

The issues in svn seem to come from people not reading the install doc
about the necessary modules, and I *will* be trying to make things a
little clearer before .21 is released.  Other than the new compression
stuff (which requires 2 apache modules that are not enabled by default
in all distros), nothing else has changed in the file (I just
copied/pasted the .htaccess commands into the .conf file).

FYI, I've just commented out the two new "problem" sections in the
apache conf file and added a little more info to its comments.

-Chris